Ed

Hi Friends,

I'm not sure how many people still read this because I update it so infrequently these days, but I would like to solicit from those of you who still do check in some of your famous and wonderful support and prayers. Many of you know my friend Sam and many of you don't...she's a nurse I work with in Labor and Delivery, and was instrumental in keeping me sane throughout Mom's ordeal. She was very supportive and loving, and I was so thankful to have had her there for me. Sam recently had a life-changing event of her own...her dad, Ed, fell from a ladder and sustained a traumatic brain injury almost two weeks ago now. She and her family are unfortunately going through a very similar experience to my own, and my heart aches for them. Ed remains in the ICU and has not yet regained consciousness, but he is surrounded by his loving family and friends and is making those baby steps I am so familiar with in the right direction. Though he has tremendous love and support from so many people already, I know all too well that there can never be too much of that, so am asking all of you to send prayers and hope and love in their direction as often as you can, as you have been so gracious to have done the same for me. I truly believe you were all instrumental in Mom's recovery, and I know together we can help Sam's dad too. Having been on the receiving end of so much support, I know it to be life-sustaining...though I feel so helpless to ease their pain, it is my hope that in this small way I can "pay it forward."

Thank you so much for your help. Peace.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Amanda, You are amazing and so much like your Mom, in all the good ways. Your concern for others when they need help is why so many people continue to keep you and your Mom in their prayers. Hope you are doing well and that Bev continues to take those baby steps. I will be thinking of your friends also.
Anonymous said…
Amanda, I still check this site once a week trying to catch up with and progress of Bev. You are such a wonderful friend and person to have so much love and concern for others.
Prayers are with your friend and Bev.
Unknown said…
Hey girl...will think positive thoughts on Ed and I hope your visit with your mom goes super well! Send my love to her and your family
xoxo
Kari
ford.amanda said…
Hi Amanda!
I also still check this blog on occasion to see how your Mom's progress is coming along. You have set such a fine example of the strength that can be found during difficult times.
Still sending prayers your way, and to Sam and her family.
Amanda
Anonymous said…
Amanda, I definately believe in the power of prayer and will pray for Sam and her family. How is Bev? I hope your visit went well too.You and your Mom are in my thoughts and prayers.

Pat H.
Anonymous said…
Amanda,
I have been reading your blog all along. Bev was my student, colleague and friend for many years and I do hope she continues to heal. You I have known since a child and continue to be amazed at your strength and your determination. Bev and you are so passionate about life and giving. May you stay well and send regards and love from Ruth.

Popular Posts