It's official

Hi Friends,


First of all, sorry for no blog entry last night...I had a bad day at work, and then missed the premiere of "Sex and the City" that I'd won tickets to because Stef and I couldn't get there quite fast enough after work (even though we sprinted several blocks), so was really bummed about that. We decided to head to dinner together as a consolation, and actually had a really great time just talking and hanging out despite our disappointment. But by the time I got home, I was absolutely exhausted from the three 12s in a row and a latish night, and I couldn't bear the thought of waiting for my computer to boot up and write. Hence, why I am sorry.


Today was another busy and stressful one even though I was off of work...I definitely need a vacation! I moved the rest of the stuff out of the old apartment, as I had to be moved out by the end of this month. Thankfully Pam was able to help me for a couple of hours because otherwise I'd probably still be trying to drag everything out. I hadn't planned on waiting until the last minute, but there was a mishap with my keys (long story) and they never arrived in the mail as planned, so I finally just had to go there in the hopes they'd let me in. And they almost didn't...my name is not on the lease, and mom wasn't there to verify that I was her daughter...the manager didn't know me, and at first they were going to make me call mom to get a verbal "ok" from her, but she wasn't answering her phone. I explained to them the whole situation, and I think they felt sorry for me so thank goodness they let me in. There was an extra set of keys inside the apartment, so I only had to do that once. Phew! So Pam and I hurriedly packed up the rest of the stuff (or most of it) and made a trip to the new place...of course, today there was a tornado watch for Cook County, and it was raining quite heavily at certain points, and I had gotten a pickup truck, so some of my stuff got wet...could it get any better? But we unloaded, and Pam had to take off. I headed back down to get another load (mostly small stuff this time), and cleaned up a bit. After a couple more trips, the place is completely emptied out, and I am exhausted. Leaving it for the last time, I got a little sad and shed a tear or two...I hate that I had to move mom out of her apartment, the last shred of her former independence. She had made it so nice and cozy, and I will miss it very much...

This evening, I alternated between laying on the couch in exhaustion and trying to unpack a little bit...once again, my apartment is a disaster, and I can't stand it. Unfortunately, I won't have much time this weekend to work on it, as I am going to my friend and coworker Lia's wedding in Rockford tomorrow, and possibly to Navy Pier on Sunday with Suzi and her daughter, Julia. So, I guess it'll have to wait. There is a possibility there won't be a blog entry tomorrow night, as I may end up staying overnight in Rockford after the wedding reception and will most likely not have internet access there. If I happen to come back to Chicago for the night instead, I'll write. I hope everyone's week was great, and happy weekend! Thanks for all your continued love and support. Peace.

Comments

Popular Posts