Mini vacay

Hi friends,

Wow, it's been awhile...I will give you an update of course, but it won't be too involved as there are severe thunderstorms afoot (and even a tornado warning earlier with tornado sirens and everything, even in the city itself which is very rare!) and I could lose power at any moment. Since I last wrote, I worked a couple of days during which there wasn't really anything momentious that happened. Friday morning I spent scrambling around getting last minute things done because I left around 11am for my friend Soni's wedding in Grand Rapids, Michigan! I rode up with my coworker Aubry and her husband Chris, and their friends Cathy and Mike. The wedding was very beautiful and we had a great time. I stayed in a hotel Friday night in Grand Rapids, and then Saturday morning, we drove south a bit and the crew dropped me off in another town in Michigan...my friend Suzi and her family rent a house up there for a couple weeks every year near the lake (Lake Michigan of course), and Suzi invited me to spend the weekend with them up there. Since I was going to be in Michigan anyway, it worked out perfectly. So I stayed with them Saturday and Sunday nights...we spent the days at the beach mostly, and just hung out and had fun. Talked to mom a few times a day while I was gone, and she seemed to be doing well...doing puzzles, reading her book, painting her nails, etc. I really miss her since I haven't seen her since last week, so I can't wait to visit on Wednesday!

Got a ride back to Chicago with Suzi's husband this evening (about an hour and a half drive), and we drove right into the storm...the rain was coming down in sheets and the sky looked like it had strobe lights in it there was so much lightning! I was out on my back deck watering the plants since I'd been gone for a few days (ironic I know when it was pouring, but they are somewhat under cover), and I witnessed two lightning strikes very near to me! The light was blinding and the sound was roaring...it was scary but a little exciting as well. The rain seems to have subsided a bit, but lightning is still streaking across the sky like crazy.

Off to bed now...must head back to work tomorrow as my mini vacation is now over. I do feel a bit rejuvinated, so it must be just what I needed. :) Thanks as always for your continued love and support. Peace.

Comments

Popular Posts