One year

Hi Friends,

On this the eve of the one year anniversary of the day our lives changed forever, I felt it not only appropriate but necessary to end my hiatus from the blog with an entry. It's hard to believe it has been that long...one year. In some ways, the time has flown, and in others it feels like a lifetime ago when I got that phone call. So much has happened in that time...I have grown and changed as a person, Mom has come such a long way from that SICU bed, and the world looks different. There were moments (some longer than others) when I doubted my ability to make it through, but I feel as though we've come out on the other side. That is not to say we're done...we've still got a long way to go, many obstacles yet to overcome, rainy days to endure, but if I compare our situation a year ago with the place we're in now, I am so thankful to be here. Mom will never be exactly the same person she was but she's so close, and there are so many of her old quirks and characteristics that she has regained...for this alone my gratitude is boundless. Those dark days were worth the sunshine.

In celebration of all Mom has overcome, all that she has accomplished, and her continued strength and will to keep going, we will spend the day together tomorrow. The plan is a brunch of dim sum (something we haven't had in ages) followed by a leisurely day spent at the zoo...these days she's crazy about animals, so it's perfect. I know she'll have an absolutely wonderful time...and I will too, just because she can.

Thanks for all your love, support and well wishes this past year...it is all of you who have carried me through, and for that I will be eternally grateful. We will raise our glasses to you.

Comments

Unknown said…
Amanda,

It is hard to believe it has been one year already. Thank you for taking all of us through your journey with Bev. You have made me laugh cry, and more importantly, appreciate all the people that are special in my life. Especially my mom.

You are such a strong person and you are a wonderful daughter. Your love and support have gotten Bev to where she is today. I hope you had a great day at the zoo. Best wishes for the rest of Bev's recovery process!!!

Love,
Julie Mc
Anonymous said…
Congratulations to you both Amanda! We are all humbled and inspired by your love, patience, dedication, and resilience. We are very proud of you both, we love you both. We are with you always. Here's to another year, and many more, of miracles. One can't have too many.
Love Loyce

Popular Posts