And we're off!

Hi Friends,

It's been awhile again, but now that I have an official update I decided to share it with you. After much toiling and many trials and tribulations, the day has finally arrived when Mom gets to leave the Imperial! She has been accepted into the Neurorehabilitation program at the Northeast Center for Special Care in Lake Katrine, NY, which is about a 2 hour drive from our family in upstate NY! :) We fly out this Sunday, and I'll be staying in NY for a week to make sure everything is settled and in place. The transition is bittersweet for us both...obviously NY is a lot farther away from Chicago, and I won't be able to visit her nearly as often. But I know in my heart this is the best place for her to go, and I believe it will further her recovery in some amazing ways.

To celebrate, we're going out for dinner with some friends tomorrow (Saturday) night, and anyone is welcome to come. We'll be going around 6pm, so if you'd like to join us, give me a call for details. Bev would love to see all her angels who prayed for her and sent her their thoughts over the last year before she heads off on her new adventure. I hope to see some of you there. Thank you for your continued thoughts and prayers. Peace.

Comments

Unknown said…
amanda,
wow another adventure for you and your mom!! i'm excited for the both of you to take this on..i know it will be hard for you to see her go but i know that you are one strong lady and will be just fine!! have a safe flight and a good time in NY

peterson

Popular Posts