Update

Hi Friends,

Many have been commenting that I haven't posted an update in quite some time, and I apologize and will give you a brief one now. The last entry was not so happy, but I'm pleased to report things have taken a turn for the better! :) The needed documents we were awaiting came MUCH sooner than we'd hoped, and Mom only spent a week with our family before she was able to be admitted into the Northeast Center for Special Care! She has been there now for two full weeks, and seems to be enjoying herself and keeping busy. She's making friends, attending classes and meetings, and participating in activities. This coming Friday, Oct 17 is the first Interdisciplinary Care Meeting which I will be attending via conference call, so perhaps we'll get some idea of how much longer she'll be there and her current status. I bought plane tickets to visit in November right before Thanksgiving...I have to work the holiday itself, so perhaps our family will be able to celebrate a bit early. :)

So there's your update! Thanks to all for your continued love and support. Peace.

Comments

Unknown said…
you are too cute amanda...i'm glad that things worked out and your mom is in the place she needs to be!! thanks for the update!!

katie p
Sam said…
Thanks for the update! I was just thinking about you and your mom and hoping things were working out. I haven't seen you in forever, so hopefully we'll work some of the same days this week! Sam
Anonymous said…
Amanda,
I have been keeping up on your blog since you started it. I was in both shows your mom directed at MSU. You are so very strong! I noticed that she is now near Lake Katrine in NY. I grew up not too far from there, and my family still lives around there. Do they accept visitors? I would love to see your mom when I visit home. Let me know, you can email me at laurayost@yahoo.com

Hope you are taking care of yourself! If you need anything let me know.

Laura

Popular Posts