Relaxing Saturday

Hi Friends,

Today was a good day, I guess. I "slept in," meaning I got up at 8:30am or so and spent the morning waiting until it was late enough to wake my friends up on a Saturday morning...I had woken up feeling melancholy, a result of some "anxiety dreams," so I was lonely and wanted to try to make plans with someone. Pam ended up picking me up and we drove downtown together to see Bev for awhile before she had to meet up with her mom and brother. We had a nice visit...we did some "speech therapy" with mom since she didn't have anything but PT today, and she did great. I think we tired her out a bit though, because she started yawning lots and wanted to take an afternoon nap. So we left to let her rest, and walked around a bit downtown...man, there were a lot of people out! Didn't buy anything, just looked, and it was fun but crazy with such big crowds.

I headed back to RIC after that, and after a bit, got mom up from her nap and we ate dinner together. After we ate, we socialized a bit in the dining room with some of the other patients and visitors, and then headed back to her room to call Betty and have a conference call. I stayed a bit longer, and then went over to my friend Meghan's apartment and she and Natalie and I ate pizza and wine and watched a movie. It was nice, and now I'm home and will head to bed when I'm done here. Tomorrow will be perhaps another relaxing day, but I still have not tackled the mountain of papers in the apartment so I really should at least get started on that. Wish me luck. Thank you for your continued support and love. Keep it comin'!

Comments

Popular Posts