Liar liar pants on fire!!

Hi Friends,


Won't write much tonight, I got home a lot later than I planned or expected, so I will try to be brief. Work was okay, we held down the fort, and I love my girls. Went over to RIC after work, and hung out with mom for a longer while than I'd planned. She was very cute as usual, and we had a nice visit as usual...again tonight, her speech seemed just a little clearer than it has been before, and the right words seem to come easier more often. Of course, she did tell her nurse Kurt tonight that she hadn't had any Thanksgiving dinner...she's making me look bad. :) That's okay, clearly it wasn't as memorable as if I'd cooked for her, haha. Her short term memory is still problematic, but she does remember some things, so we'll just keep at it. It takes time. I've noticed now that her hair is growing back so well (and too bad, because we're going to have to shave it again for the next surgery I think!), she's got a LOT more gray than she had before, probably because of the huge stress to her body from the accident and recovery (I'm surprised I haven't gone gray)...it's okay, it makes her look distinguished.

Her friend Loyce called her this evening I hear, before I arrived, and mom seemed to know someone called her, but couldn't really tell me who...Loyce was so sweet to send mom a bouquet of holiday flowers and a balloon, which we DID receive and I was planning to call/email a thanks on my next day off, but hadn't gotten a chance before her phone call today during which mom told her she'd not received anything! Making me look bad again, as though I was hording all her flowers! I will make sure Loyce knows we DID receive the beautiful buds and much enjoyed them. :) She wanted to make sure I was okay and told me "Go to bed as soon as you get home. Please, get plenty of rest." She'd been having a really hard time getting the word "rest" out for quite awhile, and it came out tonight very smoothly and with no hesitation...in fact, that whole phrase and sentence was perfect. :) She knows what's up.

Well, I'm off the weekend and I can't do much during then, so I'm hoping I'll just have a little downtime not to be too stressed out...I still have to organize all these reams of paper that have accumulated in my apartment...they're everywhere, I could lose a cat in all that mess. So it will take some stamina to go through it all and organize...yuck. Please give me the strength to do so without just throwing everything out. :) Peace to all, I love you.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I noticed the grey yesterday, and she and I talked about it! At first she said, "Oh, no" but then I told her it looks distinguished and pointed out that I have a lot more than she ever will so she laughed. :)
Don't stress about the paperwork- just handle little bits at a time and take nice breaks in between. Hugs to you.

xoxoxo

Popular Posts