Huzzah!

Hi all, it's Lilly,

Huzzah- that is what one of my coworkers just said when I told them about my visit to Bev today. It's pretty fitting. I'm still in a little bit of a daze after visiting today and arriving at work. 
When I first saw Bev a few hours ago, of course she looked in my direction when I entered. I love saying that this is par for the course now. Then I gave her a kiss on the cheek and she puckered back, another new and here-to-stay event. The big news is that I said, "I love you, Bev", and she mouthed, "I love you". Now, I know that she has been trying to form words and talk, I'm not the best of mouth readers, and it's hard to know what she is trying to make out. But it was 3 words, and it looked an awful lot like it. 
Amanda and I assisted her move to a room on a higher floor (with lots of sun), and when I had to leave for work I told her I loved her again, and she mouthed, "I love you"- again. Amanda was watching, and it was unmistakable. What an incredible thrill, it's hard to put it into words. 
The one thing that I would like to go away is the nervous look in her eyes of, "What is going on?", but that is to be expected, and when she looks at Amanda and me (and I'm sure others) she looks much more calm and "open".
I'm typing this while working so I'll leave the rest to my wonderfully articulate cousin.

Much love to all.


Comments

Popular Posts