Tomorrow's the day

Hi friends,

Today was a good day all in all, I guess. Didn't get much sleep last night, but that was to be expected I suppose. Got up and went to the hospital today, and mom was looking beautiful as usual. Tiffany (mom's and Lilly's Chicago theatre friend) was already there for a little visit when I arrived, which was so nice! I know she enjoyed it. :) Then I hung out with mom for a little bit until Pam arrived, and mom was glad to see her too. Jillian and Pam ran to grab us some lunch, and we ate in the room and hung out with mom all afternoon. Pam's belching got mom smiling and laughing, which is always so nice to see. :) She was getting antsy in the bed, so we decided to get her sitting up on the edge of the bed, which she did twice and excelled at! I sat behind her the whole time, and Pam and Jillian were in front of her, but she did really great at holding herself up mostly. The second time we sat her up, she was literally trying to get out of the bed onto the floor to stand up! We really had to try to hold her back! But we assured her that soon enough they'd be doing all kinds of things to get her moving when she starts getting intensive physical therapy.

Speaking of which, the admissions woman from RIC called today to set up a time for me to come and take a tour, which is mandatory and which I'll be doing tomorrow morning, and then she called back to say they had a bed for mom and that she'd most likely be transferred tomorrow! :) So I don't know what time, but we shall see. Yay for her finally getting started in rehab!!

Alright, I'm gonna try to go to sleep at a decent hour tonight, because tomorrow is going to be a big day. Once again, thank you all for your support. I couldn't be doing any of this without you all.

Comments

TR said…
RIC!!!!! Thank goodness. It sounds like your mom is acting like the amazing woman she is. I am excited for both of you, to hear all the amazing progress she has made in the last week. Keep on being strong!
Monica
Unknown said…
awesome!! i'm so happy for the both of you..bev is going to the right place, the place she needs to be at!! hopefully now you will be able to sleep a little better!!

katie p
Hi Amanda!
It was so nice to visit with you and Bev yesterday:) Looking forward to visiting Bev at RIC! Talk to you soon!
Love, Jillian
Anonymous said…
Hi Amanda,
I am so happy for you both!! Your mom is one tough lady and if anyone can come back it would be her. Bev is a one of a kind person and a fighter!! I hope RIC is everything she needs and her move there is smooth and comfortable for her. She is SO lucky to have you!! (and you to have her of course too!). Tell her Mrs. Taylor says hi and she how she responds. I am her CMA friend from Allina WSP and she used to call me that all the time. (do YOU remember me? you bought my purple car!) Thinking of you both often and love reading "the Bev news" every day. We are all thinking of her here at WSP Allina. Take Care!!
Love, Carrie
Nick Early said…
Great to her about Bev's move to RIC. Thank you for keep all of us updated. It was great seeing her the other day. Let us know when she gets settled at RIC, I would like to visit again. Please tell her I said hi.

Popular Posts